Rico Munn joined Aurora Public Schools as superintendent on July 1, 2013. He brings a wide range of experiences to APS, having experience in law and educational policy in Colorado.
Munn’s main priority is to increase achievement for all students. During his first quarter in APS, Munn’s priority will be to gain a deeper understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the district. He will visit as many schools and support sites as possible to continue to build relationships with students and staff.
"I am honored to serve as the Aurora Public Schools superintendent. As an APS parent who has deep roots in the Aurora community, I look forward to having a positive impact on teaching and learning for all of our students. APS has dedicated teachers, leaders and support staff that have created many innovative initiatives. My goal is to build on our strengths and overcome any challenges that interfere with student achievement.”
- Superintendent Rico Munn
- Dr. Pedro Noguera Returns to APS, Reminds Staff of Importance of Equity
Read more and view the presentation.
- Share Your Thoughts on the APS Budget
Take the budget survey.
- APS develops a Restructuring Framework for the new Division of Equity in Learning
Visit the Restructuring Framework website.
- APS Board approves recommendation to address school capacity challenge
- Unified Job Descriptions take shape in APS
- Read more.