Rico Munn joined Aurora Public Schools as superintendent on July 1, 2013. He brings a wide range of experiences to APS, having experience in law and educational policy in Colorado.
Munn’s main priority is to accelerate learning for every APS student, every day. He has encouraged staff members to think about their jobs and how each one relates to the goal of student achievement. To cement that idea, Munn has asked all staff members and the APS Board of Education to create a three-sentence Unified Job Description.
Below is Superintendent Munn’s Unified Job Description:
"My job is to accelerate learning for every APS student, every day. I do my job by making sure we have the right people, doing the right work, with the right resources, in the right way. My community needs me to do my job.”
- Superintendent Rico Munn
- Budget Update from Superintendent Munn
- Dr. Pedro Noguera Returns to APS, Reminds Staff of Importance of Equity
Read more and view the presentation.
- APS develops a Restructuring Framework for the new Division of Equity in Learning
Visit the Restructuring Framework website.
- APS Board approves recommendation to address school capacity challenge
- Unified Job Descriptions take shape in APS
- Read more.